May 10, 2016

STAMPlorations Inspiration #75

Good morning!  It's Tuesday and you know what that means!?  It's time for an Inspiration post over at STAMPlorations!  As usual, the DT has made some amazing projects to inspire you.  I've got some talented Teamies for sure!  This is what I came up with this week....




So how did I make my plaid butterflies?  Well, let me tell you!  :-)  First, I stamped my sentiment.  The happy (Sentiment Builders: Happy set) was stamped in Spiced Marmalade Distress ink and the birthday (Party Time set) in black Versafine ink.  Then I stamped my butterflies (Winged Things set) in black.  I created some masks that showed only the butterflies like this....


I used the butterfly masks themselves later.  Once the surrounding area was protected I stamped my distressed line stamp (Mixed Media Elements set) in Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, and Seedless Preserves Distress ink in a plaid pattern. I repeated this for each butterfly.  Then I used the butterfly masks to protect them from the black splatters I added.  Lastly, I added some rhinestones for a little sparkle.  I just love my plaid butterflies.  I think I need to try this plaid technique on something else too.  It's too much fun!

Well, I hope my card inspired you to create today.  Make sure to pop by the main blog for more inspiration by the rest of the DT too.  Have an awesome day!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

Addicted to CAS - code word is Plaid
Craft Stamper Magazine, Take it, Make it Challenge for May - anything goes 

12 comments:

  1. Plaid butterflies - what FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your plaid bflies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet. And plaid - well, super trendy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous inspiration and so very clever. Would never have thought to use the stamp set in this way and to make a plaid out of it. Thank you so much x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow such a great card love the way you created those butterflies. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally fantastic, Kim! Your plaid butterflies have planted a smile alllllll over my face! This set is way too much fun!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome use of plaid!...so creative! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Plaid butterflies - so cool! Thanks for the mini tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a super clever use of our code word!!! Simply beautiful and cute. Thank you so much for joining us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim, beautiful and fabulous technique to add texture on the thise butterflies! Thank you for sharing the tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cool .... love how you stamped the butterflies. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those butterflies look so good in plaid ;) Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It Make It :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!