May 01, 2016

Holiday Washi

Oh my.  I'm soooo behind on my Christmas cards this year!  I only have a dozen made!  Pretty sure I had twice that at this time last year.  So last night before bed I sat down a made a Christmas card.  It was pretty simple to make but I like the look. I may make some more using different colours. :-).  Check it out....


Lots and lots of washi tape!  Most of my washi/glitter tape is either by Recollections, Scotch or Darice.  I actually really love washi tape but sometimes I forget about having it. LOL.  Anyway, I attached my washi tape to my card on a diagonal, alternating my designs.  Then I stamped my sentiment (STAMPlorations) in black.  Lastly, I added a couple of small strips which I cut into a arrow point.  Simple but fun, I think. 

Well, I'm glad you all stopped by for a visit and I hope you all have a lovely day!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

Jingles Belles - washi tape
52 (Christmas) Card Throwdown - pick a previous theme. I chose August 2013 challenge #20 -Holly. I used holly washi tape.
Addicted to CAS - code word is plaid. I used some plaid washi tape.

7 comments:

  1. What a cute idea and a pretty use for Washi, I have tons of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooooooooooh! that is amazing... such a simple idea but done SO BEAUTIFULLY... and the little arrow points are fab. i love the stamping at the top as well, i may have to CASE this! (tho mine will probably have some bumpy things on top b/c unlike you i don't really rock the CAS, lol!) :) thanks for making our "washi wonderland" even more wonderful at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you combined all the different patterns and still kept the balance. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS,

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fresh & fun ... I may need to *borrow* the concept to put a tiny dent in my washi stash ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really effective technique, your card looks great. I don't have a lot of washi, but I do have lots of Christmas papers, so I may try cutting them into strips to get the same look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your take on the theme and the lovely Christmas patterns on the washi tape. Thanks so much for playing along with our Pick a Previous theme at 52CCT this week! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to use plaid washi-tape for the challenge. Love your card. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!