May 03, 2016

STAMPlorations Inspiration #74

It's Tuesday and it's time for another Inspiration post over at STAMPlorations!  As usual, we've got an awesome variety of projects to share.  This is mine....


I decided to try the stamping over white pigment ink technique on black cardstock this time.  So, I took my oak leaf stamp (Trendy Leaves set) stamped it first with white pigment ink then went over it with a variety of Distress ink colours.  The colours aren't as vibrant over the white as the StazOn ink is but still very nice. I stamped my sentiment (Smile set) in versamark ink and embossed it in white.  I've done this technique on kraft and now black cardstock but I think I want to test it out on other colours too.  :-)

Well, make sure to pop on by the main blog and see all the other lovely cards by the DT.  And remember, if you leave a comment there you are entered in for the prize draw!

Have a great day and thanks for visiting!


6 comments:

  1. The colour of those leaves are subtle and work really well, good to try different mediums and different effects....subtle and not so vibrant works so well on this card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful creation...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty - overstamping white pigment ink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this-perfect for a man as well! I am not quite understanding how you created the leaves. You stamped it in white ink and then, once dry you took a brush and, using the distress inks, painted the leaves??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit. No I don't paint over the white stamped leaves. I use the same stamp and stamp over top the white image with the coloured ink. Make it slightly offset and the white looks like a highlight. Hope this helps. :-)

      Delete
  5. Awesome color on the dark base

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!