May 07, 2016

Silent Night

Hey there!  It's a gorgeous day here today.  Sunny and a high of 18 degrees (Celcius).  My boys are going fishing today and I'm going to go play in my craft room. :-).  I've been on a bit of a Christmas card making binge lately. Probably because I'm so behind in my Christmas cards this year. I like to make them ahead of time so I don't get overwhelmed at Christmas. Plus, my Mom usually orders some too.  So, today I've got a couple of Christmas cards to share. My husband surprised me with a cool new stamp he got me when he made an order through Amazon.  He complains I've got too much craft stuff but he gets me more himself!  Go figure?!  LOL. He just likes to make me happy.  :-). Anyway, this stamp is super cool and not one I'd seen before.  It's by Stampendous.  Here's what I made...


This first card I stamped the trees and embossed them in white. Then using the ink from my pool to navy ombré ink pad (Hero Arts) I sponged on my colours. Once done, I trimmed my label down to fit my card base and added some strips of silver glitter tape.  I love the look of this quite a bit.  It's cool that the stamp has a built in sentiment too.

I'd like to link up the first card to the following challenges:

ABC Christmas Challenge - I is for ink
CAS Mix-Up Challenge - Stamping + Heat Embossing + Sponging/Resist/Ombre


Here's the second card I made....




This time I took some watercolour paper and did an ombré wash using my Spectrum Aqua markers (Orchid and Navy) and a wide water brush pen.  I spritzed some water on after it dried to create water droplets and once that dried stamped my trees in black Versafine ink.  I then splattered some white acrylic paint over top.  I trimmed it down to fit my card base and added some silver glitter tape again.  I also added a snowflake edge die cut (Darice) that I glittered up with my Wink of Stella pen.  I think I like how this one turned out the best.  :-)

I'd like to link up the second card to the following challenges:

Merry Monday Christmas Challenge - ombré and glitter


Crafter Stamper Magazine - Take it, Make it Challenge - anything goes


Well, I hope you enjoyed your little visit today. Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, Kim! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kim, your hubby did a fantastic job of picking out a stamp! I love the design and the sentiment built in! Gorgeous ombre colors too! Thanks so much for sharing with CAS Mix Up and Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this stamp ... and gorgeous cards you've made. Great design Kim! Your hubby is a good shopper! :) Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are beautiful. Well done.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #22 Merry Monday challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both these cards are really great. It shows how different each looks still using the same stamp. I love that stamp...your husband gets a gold star:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love purple so beautiful
    Hugs Hester

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your purple background! Thanks so much for joining Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two lovely cards...and a well trained hubby! I am with you in that I like the second one best...stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim I love the effect of looking up into the night sky. The colours you have used are so perfect. A winner I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are stunning, Kim. Gorgeous colours and design. Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two very beautiful cards Kim! I have that stamp too, and now you make me want to get it out and play with some purples with it...just lovely!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a gorgeous stamp and you have used it so beautifully with your two colour schemes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous Christmas cards Kim, love the added die cut on the Merry Monday card. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous!! Absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Christmas cards Kim. You have me Inspired. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kim, your cards a re beautiful - I love the different ways you have used inky backgrounds for that beautiful stamp. Thank you for joining in the fun with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two very beautiful cards! The blue one is my favourite - love your use of the heat embossing resist. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous entry to the CS challenge. Just a pity you have a 2 creations in one post (against the rules), otherwise I would have been able to vote on your entry in the TIMI challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh shoot! I forgot about that rule. I usually only post one card at a time too. Oh well. It's always fun to just play along! :-). Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!