May 30, 2016

Vellum Butterfly

Hello!  I haven't posted for a little while. I'm ahead (for the most part) on my DT commitments I've been busy with other things. Yard work, my garden, and painting the Star Wars mural in my son's room.  It's a big Death Star in space with some tie fighters and X-wings.  I'm working on the the Death Star right now.  It's taking a while. But it's looking pretty cool so far.  I'll share pictures once it's all done. :-)

Anyway, I've got a card to share today so I can link up to some challenges. Take a look....


I started off by stamping my chevron (STAMPlorations) in pool to navy ombré ink (Hero Arts) and did a stamping off technique.  Then I stamped the sentiment (STAMPlorations) in black.  I die cut a butterfly (Simon Says Stamp) from vellum, added a small rhinestone and attached it to the card.  I really like how the chevron pattern turned out.

Well, I hope you enjoyed your visit!  Have an awesome day!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - make a wish
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - anything goes
Stamping Smiles Designs, Tic Tac Toe Challenge - I used Chevron/Ombré/Vellum

AAA Cards - 2nd Birthday Bash

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the ombre effect you got with chevron stamping! Thank you for joining us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ombre effect using the chevron to showcase that. The butterfly is pretty. Can't wait to see your son's bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you are doing in your son's bedroom sounds awesome! Looking forward to some pictures! Your card is fabulous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely design, Kim. I always love ombre and chevrons too, so putting them together....ooooo. LOVE! Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards 2nd Birthday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a pretty card! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!