May 20, 2016

Lovely Lotus

Good Morning!  Just dropping in really quick to share a card I made.  I've been playing with my Spectrum Aqua markers again.  I really love those markers!  :-). Anyway, I wanted to link up my card with a few challenges before time ran out.  Here's my card....


I stamped my lotus flowers and leaf (Waffle Flower, Lotus set) on watercolour paper in grey StazOn ink.  Then I watercoloured them with my SA markers (Rose Pink and Moss) and my water brush pen.  I fussy cut them out and set them aside.  I took my white card base and masked of a side portion and took my flourish stencil (STAMPlorations) and sponged on Tea Dye Distress ink.  I then covered that portion and on the remaining part, sponged on Broken China Distress ink fading it out.  I then attached my leaf and lotus flowers.  Lastly, I stamped my dragonfly and sentiment (Waffle Flower, Lotus set) in grey StazOn ink.  I really like how my lotus flowers turned out.

Well, that's all for today!  Thanks for visiting!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

Waffle Flower Challenge for May - inspiration picture/colours


Addicted to Stamps and More - CAS
CASology - cue card is Stencil

10 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the look and the soft colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely lotus flower, very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim this is such a pretty card, the stenciling down the left is perfect. Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very pretty. I love your soft color scheme. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, Kim. Beautiful combination of techniques and super design. Thanks for playing along at ATSM's CAS challenge this week. :) Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lotus looks beautiful and love how you used the challenge colours, especially the pattern down the left-hand side. Its a fantastic card and so wonderful to see you at the Waffle Flower Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5/27/2016

    This is stunning! Beautifully watercolored flowers and I love the stenciled and blended background! Thanks for joining us at Waffle Flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous coloring on the Lotus Flowers! Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with the Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh beautiful card! Love the coloring of your lotus! Thanks for playing with us at Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!