May 21, 2016

Inkspirational - Inspiration Photo Challenge

Happy Saturday everyone!  It's a beautiful day here and is going to be a warm one. 24 degrees Celcius!  It was a bit rainy yesterday so sunshine is very welcome.  In Canada it's the Victoria Day long weekend and usually the one where people start camping and put their gardens in.  It almost always rains so we skip the camping. LOL!  We are thinking of going to get a few bedding plants though. :-).

Anyway, it time again for another challenge over at Inkspirational. It's a photo inspiration challenge and it's an awesome one!


Aren't those colours amazing?!  That's what inspired me for this birthday card I made for a friend.  Take a look....






I stamped my foliage (CAS-ual Fridays) in Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers and Seedless Preserves Distress inks along the bottom of my card.  Using the same ink colours I inked up my butterfly (STAMPlorations) carefully blending the colours. I added a bit of sparkle to the butterfly with my Wink of Stella pen.  Then I stamped the sentiment (CAS-ual Fridays) in black.  It's so bright and bold!  I love it!  :-)

Well, I hope you pop on over to the blog and checkout the rest of the DT projects and our fabulous Guest Designer.  There's some seriously amazing projects!  Thanks for dropping by and have an awesome day!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps and More - CAS
Mod Squad Challenge Blog - one layer birthday

8 comments:

  1. Great card, Kim! I love the way you stamped the foliage with these beautiful colours and your multi-toned butterfly just makes the card! Love this! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful colours - just such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what beautiful colours.....I love your card....fabulous...enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design Kim! I like the bold colors... such a bright, spring like card! The touch of sparkle in the butterfly is a great finishing touch.
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, those colors ARE amazing, I love them!!!! This is an awesome design, I really like the stamps you chose!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at the Mod Squad!
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous take on the inspiration photo, Kim! Such a pretty color combo, and I love how you blended your inks for the butterfly! So happy you played along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Fist pump* A most innovative take on the photo, Kim! Those bold Spring flowers, and especially the sweet sparkly butterfly, are guaranteed to spark a delighted response from your lucky friend receiving it! Pretty, plus!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!